Welcome to MvH Counselling
- Are you going through a hard time?
- Have you suffered traumatic or other troubling life events?
- Do you feel like your life or career isn’t going anywhere?
- Is your relationship not as healthy as you would like it to be?
- Are you struggling with spiritual questions?
- Are you suffering from anxiety or depression?
Counselling is a confidential process that will enable you to explore these and other stresses you may be experiencing. Counselling is about you and allows you the opportunity to clarify how you think and feel about issues in your life or events that you may have experienced. The goal of counselling is to guide you in making changes in your own life and to strengthen your interactions with others.
If you are considering counselling, you may have a lot of questions or apprehensions. The following may be some things going through your mind:
- I’m a failure because I can’t work things out on my own.
- I really don’t want to talk about everything.
- How am I supposed to open up to someone I hardly know.
- Counselling is expensive and I’m not sure it’s worth it.
These are all valid concerns that we understand. However:
- Seeking out professional help does not mean you are a failure. Instead, it is a powerful tool that can empower you to change and create a better future for yourself and those around you.
- One of the hardest things for anyone to do is talk about what’s going on inside of them, especially to someone whom you don’t know very well. This is a normal fear to have. Rest assured, however, that it is up to you to share what you like and whatever pace you are comfortable with. As your therapist, I will respect your privacy. Whatever you do share will remain confidential unless you or someone else is at risk of harm or injury.
- Most people who receive counselling agree that is a valuable process, and that it is worth the investment. Our goal is to help you, and if the expense is a barrier to receiving the help you need, there are some options that can be considered to accommodate.
My name is Marvin VandenHoek. I have many years of experience as a classroom teacher and high school counsellor. I’ve been trained in a variety of counselling techniques and am currently working on a Master of Counselling degree at the University of Lethbridge.
Problems that people experience in life can often be traced back to teenage years or early adulthood. The earlier these issues are dealt with the better. At MvH Counselling, we offer reduced rates for clients 21 years and younger. We encourage people to address problems before they escalate out of control. This will empower them to lead fulfilling lives and enable them to function to their full potential.
Counselling services are available in Fort Macleod.
Ask A Question
Confidentiality through this form is guaranteed.